Variable Area Flow Meters
BGF VARIABLE AREA FLOW METER
Inside the flow tube, there is a star guided float which works towards a spring. An annular gap is produced between the coneshaped magnet system and the meter ring in case of flows other than zero. The position of the magnet system depends on the resulting force of all forces acting upon it. These forces comprise the flow force, a spring force acting opposite to the flow force, and the buoyancy and weight force significant for the measurements in case of vertical installation.
Each position of the magnet holder corresponds to a flow value measured during calibration, which is transferred to a scale. The BGF flowmeter consists of a meter tube with connections, a meter ring, and a conical magnet holder. By means of a magnet, the position of the magnet system is transferred to an encapsulated follow magnet, which has been fitted to a pointer axle. The position of a second annular follow magnet fitted on the pointer axle is transferred to the scale by means of the pointer.
Features & Benefits
- Measuring / switching range: 10 - 100 ... 4000 - 40000 l/h water 0.3 - 3.0 ...110 -1100 Nm³/h air
- Connection: flange DN15 ... DN100, ANSI ¾ ... 4"
- Material: stainless steel 1.4404, option PTFE-lining
- pmax: PN40 (16) bar, on request max. PN600 bar
- Temperature range: -40 ... +200°C (-40 ... +350°C on request)
- Accuracy: ±2 % of full scale
- Options: contacts, analogue output, totalizer, Hart®, Profibus® PA, ATEX