MIM ELECTROMAGNETIC FLOWMETER
Flow Meters & Sensors
The new flowmeter MIM was developed for measuring and monitoring smaller- and medium-sized flow of conductive liquids in pipes.
The device operates according to the electromagnetic measurement principle. According to Faraday’s Law of magnetic induction a voltage is induced in a conductor moving through a magnetic field. The electrically conductive measuring agent acts as the moved conductor. The voltage induced in the measuring agent is proportional to the flow velocity and is therefore a value for the volumetric flow.
The flowing media must have a minimum conductivity. The induced voltage is picked up by two sensing electrodes which are in contact with the measuring agent and sent to the measuring amplifier. The flow rate will be calculated based on the cross sectional area of the pipe. The measurement is not depending on the process liquid and its material properties such as density, viscosity and temperature.
Two given outputs can be set to be switch, analogue or frequnecy. Also a dosing function can be selected, where output 1 is set as switch NPN / PNP / PP and output 2 is set as control input.
Features & Benefits
- Measuring range: 0.04 - 10 l/min ... 0.4 - 100 l/min liquids
- Accuracy: ±(0.8% of reading + 0.5% of FS)
- pmax: 16 bar
- tmax: +70°C
- Connection: G ½, G ¾ , G 1
- Material: stainless steel, PEEK
- Output: 2x analogue, pulse, frequency or alarm
- Input: 1x control input
- Options/Features: integrated PT1000, Dosing function, rotatable TFT display, bidirectional measurement, part- and grand totalizer, stainless steel design, usable even with hand gloves